Summer is creeping up on us and before we approach bikini season, I have a few problem areas that I would like to tighten up. By no means have I fallen off the wagon since I ended my wedding diet but it is always nice to give your body a little health refresher. With that being said, myself, my friends, and my husband are going to participate in a 30 day weight loss challenge.
Here is How the Weight Loss Challenge Works:
- Designate a team captain.
- There is a $20 buy-in for all participants of the challenge. Money is held by the team captain. The more participants, the higher the pot so invite all of your friends to join!
- Before the challenge starts, take a picture of your starting weight as you are standing on the scale (good reason to get a pedicure) and text the picture to your team captain.
- Once a week (we are doing Wednesdays) you will receive a secret word from your captain. Write the word on a piece of paper, place it on the scale by your feet as you weigh yourself. Take a picture of the word by your feet with your weight visible and text it to the team captain. This ensures that the participants are not cheating.
- Once everybody has weighed in for the week, the captain will send out an email to all participants with everybody’s progress in percent of body weight lost or gained. The captain should NEVER share the actual weight of any participant.
- At the end of the 30 days, the participant with the highest percentage of body weight lost will win the entire pot.
What I love about this challenge is that you are held accountable by your peers. You will think twice about that bag of chips you were about to eat and get up for a walk outside instead of couch-surfing all afternoon. Join the challenge with me and let me know your progress, as well as tips and tricks that help you stick to your goals.